Monday, October 11, 2010

Working under pressure (Nickelback in the noon)

I wake up, like many days. I decided to do something different this morning, and listen to some podcasts just as I got up; and I left some music on in the background just as I went to sleep. It does lift my mood a little bit having to listen to music as I wake up and being drawn to sleep just as I finish my day.

I go to the job centre, I am a little later than desired, but not 'late' late so no harm done. Anyway, I let the advisor know about my situation and she says that's really good news. Shes' aware that there is going to be a bit of a distance of time before I actually start work, and now; so she assured me that for now I'll still be entitled to JSA until I actually start working, so for now, I basically just need to continue as I have been. At least now, however; I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. As I got home, I made some unhealthy breakfast, and I also burnt my food. I hope I don't get food poisoning due to burned and charred blackness in my system.

I sort of 'wasted' my morning watching tv, namely, Mock the Week, and curb your enthusiasm. In my defense, I have not actually watched much tv lately. This can be indicated by the fact that my skyplus is over 60% full, I always keep it to about 20-30% full, as I watch the episodes and whatnot almost immediately. That is a sign that I've not sat down much with the TV, that's a good sign in some respects.

I had a bit of an emotional knock earlier, as I called the GP to request my medical records, and then they said I need to request them in writing, because they would have to go through my paper records and that would take ages. Fuck that shit. I sort of 'guessed' my immunisation data (give or take 3 years) since most of my immunisations took place between 1996 - 2001, namely, when I went on holidays with my parents. Do you know that I haven't been on a plane since 2001? I was last on a plane coming back from (I think) Atlanta to London. 5-6 days later was September 11th. Am I lucky or what? Anyway since then I've focussed on GCSE's, 'A' Levels, BSc's and MA's to bother with holidays. I think I am overdue a holiday. Maybe I'll go on a holiday when I can afford it. Sounds good? Maybe I'll go to Germany, see some classical concerts perhaps.

So what's the plan for today? It looks actually busy on my schedule. Worryingly so. I feel like I've got a lot on my plate right now. Perhaps too much. It would be too easy to GCal reschedule or GCalBlock when I've set too much for myself. I'm going to try to rise to the challenge. I hope that I get it done. I've learned from my experience that I don't perform too well when I set too much for myself, and the most optimal way I work is if I give myself the impression that I don't have too much to do, and then exceed that target exponentially. f there's one thing I've learned about myself over these two years of limbo, its how I work. Perhaps I can change habits. Today, this week, these next few weeks, will be a time of change. I'll start earning money for once! Not the best situation in the world, but it's a step up. Maybe I can buy all the things I fantasise about. Perhaps its time  to write on my intention envlopes again...

Okay, its 12:30 on the dot now. I have things to do. :)

No comments: