Saturday, October 23, 2010

Jobservations

Things I encounter as thoughts when job hunting:

  • I hate being asked for my degree exam results, such meticulous and boring detail. Who needs to know that I did a class on the rationalists, or theories of utopia (my degree should have been called useless studies)
  • I find it weird if I'm sending multiple applications to the same HR officer, or office/department
  • I think the world is small in industry that I might bump into someone multiple times; whatever organisation or sector they are in. So, its important not to make a bad impression. I'd rather be the quiet one in the office who gives nothing away than the loud 'funny' one. Funny to one person isn't funny to everyone. Being liked is such a contingent thing, being hated (for valid reasons) is such an ultimate thing as well.
  • I hate being asked a 'new question', it means I need to input a new 'pre-written response' to it, and it also means I have to think.


No comments: