Friday, October 15, 2010

Am I a consumer group?

I hate the fact that capitalism overemphasises commodification. I hate that it consumes me. I was reading this magazine last night, it was called FRONT. It spoke to me, it had interesting products advertised and lots of the bands advertised were sorta metal (but commercial). They also called Stephen Fry a cunt. That wasn't really nice...

Anyway, after reading it with one hand, I saw this page about computer games, and they advertised this laptop, the alienware m11x. My god is it a powerhouse. It is one of the highest spec laptops for 11 inches and I would so love to own one of those babies. I could own one of those and that would be a worthy upgrade to my present shit-top. The price however, is a killer. I would spend that kind of money for a wedding ring, probably. I need to be boring and conservative and say that I shouldn't buy something like that when I've got so many other consumer needs.

I suppose a laptop like that is what they call an aspirational product. Right now aspiration is all I have. I must remember the fire within me. Also maybe a nice Gilet would be nice. I'll tell you what would also be nice; a thiner body. I've maintained the same weight this week. Let's hope I can push it down today.

No comments: