Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sore thighs (Uriah Heep in the night)

Good evening.

I've not been here all day, both on the blog, and in my room. This morning I woke up to go for a jog. I prepared from 8am, but casually got ready. My preparation ritual is much akin to the masculine ritual of arming up, like in action movies, or even going back to Homer. My gear includes:

  • Base Layer/secondary layer (vest)
  • Goggles/training glasses
  • Watch (for timekeeping)
  • MP3 player/earphones
  • Cycling/training gloves - this helps with the green gym, and it also keeps my-
  • House keys
  • Trousers/jogging bottoms
  • Socks and shoes
  • Willpower

My training route was 7.5km, and about 4.65 mi. It expounded (adding calisthenics) about 850 kcal to my caloriecount estimate. I feel sore all over, and I had a bit of a moment of emotional despair while jogging, but I persevered and I feel really good for persevering. I felt 'why bother' but I kept going and I felt stronger. My arms are a bit sore, my shoulder is also sore, my thighs are tingling, and my butt is also tingling.

After getting home, I sat down and had a tall bottle of water. I then sat down and pissed about online. After showering and putting my 'going out' clothes on; I went to a local chinese cafe, dined and laughed, and then played about with them. After getting home (and eating an ordered pizza), I realised that I have a job centre appointment tomorrow and I must make the effort to prepare by emailing my advisor with relevant rejection emails, and filling up my job search record of the last week. Additional to that; I also scheduled a couple of tasks: prepare for job interview on Tuesday and perhaps the thing that makes me most anxious: call the HR people tomorrow to ask what alternative 'utility bills' I can offer; since I don't pay any bills here. Dang.

No comments: