Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The sun on my face (Mozart in the early Evening)

I came back from the concert earlier than expected. The concert programme had lyrics in both German and Czech, with English translations. I cried a little bit in one of the songs. The songs were mostly about nature. Some personified nature as if it were antrhopomorphic. There was one song about beetles going for the pollen in a plant, but the plant was smart enough to negotiate with the spider so that mr. spider would make a web and when the beetles came they lost their lives. It was quite amusing. Then there were darker songs about the winter, representing isolation, and the despair of an unlived life (Webern and Mahler covered those themes). There were a couple of songs comparing the changing of seasons to love and death: quite poignant.

On the way home I started thinking about fast food. I resisted. Back home I'm eating some casava. Mum fried them and they are nice and crispy. I remember when I was little, my dad used to take me to this club where he used to play card games with these guys. One of them has died in the past couple of years; however I got to see a few of them yesterday evening at the funeral. What fond memories I had with my dad during childhood. I remember there was this one girl I used to fancy who was in the year above. I wonder how Charlene is doing these days. I liked her because she was a girl that I not only could talk to, but she was a girl that I felt comfortable talking with. I was still the awkward little boy back then as I am now.

Now that I'm back home, I'm presently filling out another application form. I've spent most of this day on bated breath, as I awaited the reply from the HR people. I'm half expecting to get a job offer officially from them, the next step afterwards is to apply for a 'basic disclosure' certificate (its like a CRB but not for kids) and then contact the job centre to stop my JSA.

Okay, now I'm going to continue my second application of the day. I note that the sun shines brightly outside as if it were a beautiful summer's day. Unfortunately the summer has passed away, just like how those songs described. It will not be long now when this beautiful shining light fades into darkness. I give it maybe two hours. Less when the equinox comes.

No comments: