Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Saving the day (Poison on my playlist)

Good evening.

This time a couple of days ago, the sun shone brightly as if it were the twilight of the summer. It now glooms an ominous light-dark blue. It is well and truly the autumnal season.

I sent off three job applications today. Two of them were kind of on a whim, but what the hey, it still counts as three. I still have a fairly busy schedule ahead of me, and tomorrow is a crunch day in a sense: I have to buy the basic disclosure, while managing the intern business. After sending off three applications, I thought that today is as good a day as any to head off to do something different. I know that money pressures loom, but I think that I might be able to manage on a budget. The plan for the rest of the evening (the last hour was planning, weighing up in my head whether to go, and determining a route).

So I have made the provisional plan to go to a concert. I want to go to Knightsbridge and see Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle. I haven't heard of it. Personally I do not care much for Operatic composers, well that used to be my opinion in the past. I am willing to indulge this piece, and it would be a great oppurtunity for me to go out, listen to some music and enjoy the delights of the BBC's cultural programme. If I have the time, I might consider going to a munch later on too. I've also planned a route from Knightsbridge. I think that I'll wear my intern uniform to go there (since it's polite). I am feeling a little bit tubby today. So this is my attempt to have a night out on the cheap, and still keep some of my personality. I'm going to see a classical music concert, and perhaps go to a munch. Even if I just do the concert. That would be good enough.

Pat on the back for sending off three job applications. I better head out in a moment. I am in good time anyway. I hope its not too crowded on the tubes. Alas, it inevitably would be.

No comments: