Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lenny Henry is doing a PhD? (Nirvana in the mid afternoon)

Wtf? this is like some world turned upside down. It is well known (to me) that he developed an interest in drama and filmmaking academically for some time. Henry is quite vocal about his new adult education. Good for him, I say. It's great that someone from a minority community has decided to improve himself, and someone of a mature age.

I wish I could do a PhD *sulk*. I am not old, although I'm a minority, I do have a clue about what I want to write. I need to keep the fire burning inside me until I have a chance. I have created this situation, and I will creat a way out of this.

Getting a job is a good start. I have to essentially start from the bottom, just like my parents did when they came to this country. Start off on almost minimum swage, and maybe one day I'll be known as an academic who writes on 18thC literature. Maybe. Keep the hope alive, at least.

Okay, Now I need to get back to the task at hand: looking for jobs on the Guardian website. I'm setting up a couple dozen RSS feeds at the moment, so that I don't necessarily need to go on the website all the time. I find checking the Guardian for jobs the hardest. Possibly because its such a good website and resource for jobs. I am more a guardian man, than telegraph or the times. They are so uneducated in other newspapers. Call me snobby. Even my almost minimum wage job is snobby.

Must keep your eyes on the prize. I'm glad I went training today. Not necessarily glad  that I've eaten loads these past couple of days (loads of healthy food I grant)

No comments: