Friday, October 22, 2010

the ball of knots (anxiety)

Good morning.

My anxiety is taking a turn for the worse today. Why am I anxious? perhaps that's a good place to start. Maybe I'll make a list, to comprise my stream of consciousness.

  • I have the general thought: Nothing seems to work
  • Specific thought: my computer (nothing seems to work)
  • Specific thought: My playlist metadata is all screwed up for some reason (Nothing seems to work)
  • General thought: life (nothing seems to work)
  • Specific thought: peer envy (my life doesn't seem to be working)
  • specific feeling: loss, jealousy, disappointment (peer envy, my life doesn't seem to be working)
  • Specific thought: my body isn't what I want it to be
  • Temptation: mia, ex girlfriend.
  • Feeling: hopeless
  • Grounding for hopelessness: news about spending review
Solutions:

  • Take a deep breath
  • One step at a time
  • Do what you can
  • Remember your past fondly, the persons you were made up the person you are now. I sincerely believe that you are maturing
For want of precis, I think my thoughts and feelings are crystallised in these words. I hope my anxiety eases today.

No comments: