Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh, moan moan moan, then marvel comics cheers you up

In the film Trekkies 2, there is a character who lives in England who made his flat into a Star Trek style domain of miscellany. The character, while seemingly pathetic, says that he felt this was the only thing that kept him going when he went through a divorce. I was feeling really low most of yesterday, and tired. I could give all sorts of reasons why I felt that way, it doesn't matter really. I was on the verge of tears yesterday. Then I started watching some episodes of the new Avengers cartoon. That cheered me up. There's something about Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, the hope of seeing Captain America and other familiar and not so familiar people from the Marvel Universe cheered me up. I didn't feel as low. Forget antidepressants, I just need to have more fun. I need to save up for a games console, that's my decision. But first, I need to ensure that expenses are covered over the next few weeks, such as transport/travel, counselling and any unexpected fees that come up (e.g. my shoes break). That reminds me, I need to wax my shoes. I need to do all sorts of shit. Ugh.

My dad's birthday celebration will be a distraction for me. I don't think I'll get as much done today. I need to get a birthday card, and birthday present. I'll need to do all sorts of shit. Ugh. Suddenly I feel tired thinking about all this. My body feels a little worn down after the endurance I've put myself through. If this resulted in weight loss, I'd be exceptionally happy. I need to keep my body and mind active, that causes calories to be lost. Maybe my stamina isn't as strong. Well, I'll need to up the gear. I feel another tendency to turn the gear down just to keep in control.

No comments: