Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Count one's blessings

Just after I sent off my application, my dad called me and said that I have some mail. So, I went down and opened it; I found a letter with my name handwritten on it. With a franking that I recognised as the company that offered me a job (I should give them a name that translates as a referent for this blog, maybe something like bandchester stadium, or shambly arena). I opened the letter and I came to the realisation that today, even at 11:20 in the morning, has a lot of positives to offer. Today is going to have a lot of things that will make me proud come the evening. Here's a list:

  • I've got my police check form back, this means they have not only recieved it, but they have also recieved my bank details. It's only a matter of time now before they start offering me shifts, and once that starts, I can start working. That means once I start working, I start earning. * forced HAPPYFACE*
  • I've finished my application to M&S
  • I've sent off another admin application
  • I have a counselling appointment today, to help out with my head issues (and I have a few, that's why I'm writing a blog that only I read; the internet equivalent of talking to myself for sanity)
  • Just before I leave to get counselled, I have a telephone interview.
  • Relating to my counselling appointment, I'm going to walk about 3.5 miles to the appointment there and back, which means calories lost
  • I might go out later to the local environmental group to discuss issues.

I know this thought doesn't belong anywhere but I just had a thought about tutoring: it's the easiest work I can do for the most amount of money.

Anyhoo, let's get on with my day, I am now applying to a residential library in Wales.

No comments: