Monday, November 29, 2010

Morning jitters

Good Morning,

I thought out of curiousity I'd listen to Evanescence on spotify. I know, cheesy, facile expressions of wannorexic teenaged girls everywhere. I'm embarrassed to admit I found it a little emotionally relevant when I first discovered heavy metal and was chatting to this other girl online with depression way back when. Needless to say, I am not that way inclined, I think the immediate appeal of the harmonies are quite obvious but effective (and affective one might say) in appealing to a feeling of accessible dread. Perhaps accessibility is the way to express this disdain.

Anyway, let's talk about the morning. I woke up listening to my dad's coughing. I should be more concerned for his health, but really he brought it on himself. As I woke up, I thought various things, but the one thing I didn't think was that I had an interview today! I then suddenly realised, and I felt that since my dad is coughing, it must be 8am because he normally empties his throat before work (suddenly I see a parallel between my dad's activity and mine with the toilet).

I realised after checking my phone that it was 5:30am. I sighed, and then considered whether to get up. I decided against it but I was still awake. I enjoyed a few BBC podcasts, and slowly got out of bed. Come 7am, I am shaving, and slowly browsing about and getting ready to face the day. I also had a couple of bowel movements which were better out than in, and I took my sweet time to get ready.

Today is a 'big' day of sorts, I'm going to an interview with a major UK institution which was in a few years previous, as is now, in a very important position to affect the British and world economy. After the interview, I'm going to then try some more applications (if I can) and then head to the JCP. After that, I'm going to head back home and attempt if there are other oppurtunities to apply to jobs. I have today and tomorrow as good days to apply, even though there are other engagements. This evening I'd like to do something fun, and I'm meeting up with a few old boys to help in a pub quiz. Tomorrow is the last counselling day; wednesday is work; thursday, interning and friday is another work day. In short, it looks like there's quite a bit to do. I should hope that I dont spent too much money as I dont have much of the green stuff.

I'll also hopefully hear back from the prison, probably a rejection. I need to just keep going, more applications, more interviews. That's how it's going to go. I feel really quite hopeless. that I should keep going and believe in the idea that I am someone worthwhile. I guess you could say the first thoughts I had this morning were mia-related isolation. I can't trust mia, but she's the only one who seems to care, even if she's a figment of my imagination.

Anyhoo, I better get ready to go to work. So with that, good day.

No comments: