Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Research day, or 'the other sunday'

Good afternoon.

Yesterday's 3 hour nap was unexpected. I'm not quite sure how or why that came about. One possible reason was that I got a bit overwhelmed emotionally after my job centre interview. Anyway., today is my allocated 'research day', but it seems more like a catchup activity. I've kept up with reading some general encyclopaedia articles, and I've learned about this academic open access programme to transcribe the works of a great 19thC author. I decided to join up and try my hand at contributing to human expansion.

Some other things during the day include eating, eating again and general catch-up tasks. I updated my CV and I've spent some time to prepare for my job centre interview today. I'm going to go and I'll hope that they put me into the workshop for that agency. I dont know what the workshop will entail, but maybe it will lead to a job? The more I think about it realistically, the less realistically it seems they will say 'oh, I (the person from the agency) have an admin job I think you'll be great for; here's a job...'. Yeeesh, yeah right.

Lots of things I'm putting into the back of my mind. My dad's weird issues that he can't talk to my  sister going on for like 20 years; which in turn makes it weird with the way he acts around my nephew. My dad is an incompetent fat fuck. I hate everything that he represents. The same goes for my mother. Their lowly proletarian values and their spiritual gins are not the values of self-improvement or aspiration. They are too comfortable, and they have this infectious nature of spreading that sloth.

I've thought about mia lately. I want to purge, because it gives me seperation from the world that seems to want to embroil me. I want to stay pure and seperate by purging. On the other hand, getting a job, and more female action requires more social immersion. Hippy girl wants me to confirm details of our date on saturday, I've not replied back. Older hippy woman I'll see tomorrow. I'm a mix of excited, scared, nervous and 'wtf'. I am thinking of going to this drinks meetup on thursday, which is basically a blogger meeting. I've never been in a blog-based social meetup before, apparently there are biscuits.

In a moment I'm going to head off to the job centre and have some kind of interview, doing what I don't know; its a screening for the workshop with the agency next week. I suppose they want people who won't waste the time of the agency lady. When I get back, I'll do more of the reading tasks on my research day. I'm a bit put off some of the reading that is set; one reason is that it's not really related to my PhD area, but it is basically about a figure who is the monumental guy of the late 20thC and I should know about him anyway, but it also means its a long-ass encyclopaedia article. I have a bit of a good feeling today, in the sense that 1. I have two dates
2. did I mention I have two dates? and 3. I'm getting a fair amount ahead with my schedule this week, despite yesterday's embarassing nap-gate scandal.

I lost my concentration, what was I talking about again? So, tomorrow I'm seeing Mrs. Robinson (you know: the graduate?), Interning (don't forget about that...); as well as planning the next date, possibly going on a blog social; possibly further going to another social event on saturday night, and oh, don't forget, I have things that are part of my intentional set like: getting a job, advancing my research project independently.

The positives are: I'm organised and it looks like my life is turning a leaf
Negatives: I'm running about like a headless chicken

Anyway, I'm off. Job centre awaits. I'm going to put on a fancy shirt and jacket. Instead of my jogging bottoms and a cum smelling t-shirt. Look the part, the advisor said.

Wish me luck, or better still, jerk me off.

No comments: