Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bad habits die hard

Today the only thing I've eaten is a pizza. I added some extras to it, such as a couple of cherry tomatoes, and a ball of mozzarella. It was a veggie pizza. I got up this morning and did my regular ritual of shaving and brushing of teeth. I decided then to go for a jog. I did 4.9k, but that was just the 'to and from'. The main dish of my training today consisted of calisthenics. I was on the excercise bike, I did a few situps, a few aided pullups (I had my feet on a pole while i did a pullup position from a 45' angle). I went on the bike again, stretches and some intensive leg excercises. I calculate a 900kcal expenditure today. I should give myself a pat on the back. However, considering that the past few days have not involved as much excercise, I would like to call that, making up for bad habits.

I've a propensity to binge eating. It's a hard thing to challenge, there are deep emotional roots to my eating. In addition, I think that I have some weight gain that undid the progress of last week. I'm not used to good news, so I seem to end up ruining it when its too good. I'm thinking of asking out hippy girl, but I've just not gotten up to it sofar. I've sent off two job applications today, and I am still emotionally recovering from all the weird feelings of yesterday. Feelings have arisen mainly as a result of the interview. I always get weird around interviews. I need a job, badly. I could even do with a part time job, while interning at the same time. That would do me nicely actually. I need to get one by november/december though. That's ultimate.

Yesterday I received a form which helps me with NHS prescriptions. I ought to fill that in and send it off. Today I've also put some time into clearing up the mess in the house; tidying up old dry clothes, putting them in my wardrobe, and also washing some current clothes. I'll tell you something that's odd. My clothes line in the garden looks like a formulaic set of clothes. All of my clothes have a theme and unity to them. They are mostly black, or if not black; navy green or blue, grey or white. I am refreshed by the level of consistency with my attire. It's austere. I'm austere. Of course that doesn't mean I can be dull. I prefer my clothes telling a story. I've been like that for a few years.

I think that if I maintain the kind of workout that I established today, on a consistent basis; I would do very well with regard toward losing weight. I am presently 226lb today. A few weeks ago that was a highly desirable weight. Now that's my 'binge' weight. Its progress, but not as much as I'd want. Push harder, push further. I met a new speed today, average of 5.1 mph. I hope that this kind of progress stays. Progress does not happen from a single step, but from repetitions of such good steps. Okay, now I've gotten that thought-sicle out of my procrastinatory brain. I feel that I should continue my schedule. I've got quite a fully packed few days ahead of me. My parents are estimated to come back tomorrow; wedding the day afterward, and 'recovery' day after that.

Talk soon,

p.s. this is a post with me not moaning but saying good stuff instead.
I can't say I'm always negative now, can I?

pps. I've gotten hairy again, need a wax.

No comments: