Thursday, July 4, 2013

Training

Training is the philosophy I seem to live by.

Got a text from a friend today. He's asking if I can rehearse with him to prepare a piece with him by the time of the reunion. I didn't say no to him, but I did say I'm taking this very seriously. We have to get a piece that's ready and working, no mistakes, no errata, no poor style. It's got to be done right.

I'm going to try practicing piano, my mind feels focussed. I love it. I am also thinking about later today, I'll be doing training of a different sort, three classes at the gym hopefully. Another form of training is training of the mind, focussing my reading and keeping intellectually sharp.

I need to stay sharp. Watching Oz makes me realise how imprisoned I feel in myl ife. Those prisoners in Oz have nothing, but they do have a gym. Training is the only thing that can keep them alive, when there's no hope. Either that or drugs, or sexually abusing prisoner-prags. I think I'll go for training.

Onwards

No comments: