Tuesday, July 9, 2013

things i do on my birthday week

Dear Diary,

I have had lots of thoughts mulling over in my head. I have been doing a lot of music stuff lately. I find it a real joy to be musical, its really draining but I feel like I'm creating something and putting something into the world. I love exploring different styles There's a weird disjunct between what I like performing and what I actually listen to musically.

Yesterday I was rehearsing/mentoring my friend. It was fun. Today I did some practicing. I need to do a bit more to work on my piece for next week. But I see the end of the tunnel.

Lets summarise today:

  • Booked appointment for next week
  • Hospital Assessment
  • Piano practice
  • Watching Oz
  • Bought toiletries (deeply urgent despite what you might think)
  • Body Combat
  • Training

 

On paper it feels like a lot. With this sunny weather I feel like I have a real limitation with what I can do. The heat kills. I really love my 'prison beard'. I also like the term 'Isolation beard'. I feel like the beard is fitting my face. It feels like its fitting my personality. The last time I had a beard Eileen died. Fuck I hated those times. I also started really getting into Body Attack, then I got into Body Combat, then I got into CXWorx, and now I'm doing double/triple sessions at the gym. I would like to think its helping my stamina and aspects of my fitness. Diet is a big issue to. Gotta cut out all the shit I eat.

My birthday is coming up and it is really in the back of my mind. I don't want to do anything. I have enough to do lately: piano practicing, book reviewing, waiiting for my next assignment at the Sentinel, working at Shambly...

I do love watching oz, I appreciate its taking a fuckload of my time lately. I will have finished all the episodes soon, then I can get back to my life. I think I started growing the beard when I started watching Oz. Man it's a lot of episodes.

I am going bedwards.

Good night

p.s. I thought to myself that I might write a blog post saying 'I have nothing to say, expect this more often'. But instead I seem to have insights.

No comments: