Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I needed a break (Introducing Lenore)

So um - the birthday day went something like this:

 

Call from my bro: 'hey bro happy birthday, want to go for lunch?' Sure, I said.

We went for a nice lunch, he bought me shit from uniqlo. I got a nice vest. I went home kinda full, tired. I thought to myself, I want to do something to escape today. So I texted Lenore. Lenore is the girl I went out with who said she wasn't romantically into me, but we should still be friends. It's nice to have a female friend, she's so open to me. Last time I talked with her I was talking about her eating disorder. Today she was telling me about her dark inner voices. Lenore is surprisingly dark. Lenore does community volunteer work as well. Lenore has a history with singing and performing. Lenore has regrets, Lenore has fears like mine. It's the whole 20-something sense of disappointment, working in a role you are overqualified for, but underqualified for the job you want. 

I couldn't help but notice how attractive her body was, then I suppressed those thoughts. Lenore is someone i've been chatting to on okcupid for a while. It's nice to hear from her, its nice to have her as a friend. I felt anxious about meeting her. I like knowing someone like her. I feel like she's a really nice supportive person. I wish I could be supportive for her. Maybe just her knowing me helps her. I am glad she did me a solid and met up with me on my birthday. Lenore didn't know it was my birthday, but I did tell her I wanted someone to talk to to avoid my own issues today. I told her todayis the day when you aren't allowed to be miserable. I was getting close to misery, but she helped me out.

So what did I do today?

  • Lunch with bro
  • Shopping with bro
  • Cardio
  • Piano practice (brief)
  • met up with Lenore

 

Got work later today. I've only got a few hours to sleep for it. Waking up early. Gettign home probably by 3pm. Then afterwards doing gym session, or maybe sleep? Hopefully will do some reading at work.

I felt anxious about texting Lenore, I felt like what I did was genuinely spontaneous and a new situation.

Anyway, I better go to bed. I am so behind on shit lately, but I haven't made much efforteither. I took the day off my regular life today. I needed a break.

 

No comments: