Saturday, June 29, 2013

workhorse

Dear Diary,

What have I been up to today? Other than Watching Oz (the prison show), I have...

  • Done my receipts
  • Caught up on emails
  • Caught up on garden stuff
  • Did some piano practice
  • Non priority task catchup
  • Archiving/clearing HDD

Today I am thinking to myself: I could do with some junk food today. I want some comfort food, I want something to clear my head and anxieties. I want a reward for all that work this week. I want something to calm me down, and wanking isn't doing it for me right now. I am thinking of getting some chinese food.

 

Something else is on my mind. I'm doing lots of stuff lately: philosophical book review for a friend, garden volunteering, community engagement through mentoring over next month, and I am even playing piano as a soloist in a couple of weeks. I feel like on paper, its a lot of stuff, were this a year or two ago I would not have been able to cope. I feel like I'm better able to cope with these things. It doesn't make it easier, but it doesn't make it harder. I also feel more whole as a person.

I might spend the night reading comics and watc hing Oz, according to my schedule, I am entitled to that. Lets make saturday a day of rest. Sunday won't give me an opportunity to. I have to be all responsible tomorrow to set up the garden for a community event, and none of the garden regular volunteers are around to help. Suddenly I feel like the workhorse of this project.

Onwards.

No comments: