Friday, June 28, 2013

The day I had free yoghurt and iced tea at work.

Dear Diary,

I think I might talk about yesterday while I have time before I head off to work (god I'm hungry right now).

So, things I did that day:

  • Off to work
  • Gave payroll form to HR (need to give them another form)
  • Reading book review book albeit only slightly
  • Body Attack
  • Body Combat - where I fucked up my knee
  • Booked ultrasound
  • (apparently after midnight and during morning) audio archiving

So, that's a 6-7 things achieved that day. I used to say three was the minimum. I feel almost like I'm becoming more 'normal'. I feel so tired at the moment. I'm not able to do all the stuff I want and have 8 hours sleep. When I do my next placement, whenever that will be, I will have to think about that. I feel really tired today. My anxiety is a touch of an issue later on yesterday. I had these thoughts that were bringing me down and making me question myself. I couldn't quite go down to what exactly they were.

Yesterday at work there was free yoghurt and iced tea at work. Soo cool! I would love to work there for a longer time. I don't like being teleological about things in life, but I feel like this is a really good organisation to work for. I was thinking to myself: so, would I be happier working here or, x,y,z. That was a little game I played with myself: only a few other places were better than the sentinel: namely, the government, being an academic and maybe working in technology. Although there are so many departments here at the sentinel I have potential to expand myself: it's media, technology, charity, events, advertising, editorial...fuck me lots of things.

I better comb my hair and shit. I think the depressing realisation was that I can't do fun stuff with that money. That is because it's likely I won't be doing any events work at shambly in august due to seasonal issues. So, the money from this placement will be saved up for august, being conservative and thrifty. In other news, my colleague who went to latin america works for the government now - i guess his startup ideadidn't go through, but he's doing some consultancy - fucking hell! Am I jealous! That said, some friends said how jealous they feel about me working for the sentinel. I would be jealous too...but I am not resting on my laurels by any stretch. I'm fucking sweating hard there so I can make a good impression. It's a charm offensive.

Talk soon.

No comments: