Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wagner in the noon

I'm watching Der Meistersinger. I have not heard enough of Wagner's work. I love the proms, I love how the BBC has documentaries and programmes about highbrow things. It helps me to better myself. I want to better myself, I like high culture. I'd like to learn more about Opera. I went to see la boheme once, I listened to Beethoven's Fidelio and I once went to see Dido and Aeneas (I was distracted by the sexy leggings of the supernatural lady chorus - or were they some kind of witches or carthaginians? I'm embarrassed to forget - Aeneid is my favourite book).

I woke up, late, by my head. I got up early but stayed in bed. I was listening to 'mia'. I'm recently acknowledging the negative face of Mia. I quite like Wagner, it's rich in sound and thick, full on. That german sound that overdoes Beethoven. At the moment I'm looking at jobs on w4mp. Funny enough I see a lot of vacancies between now and tomorrow. I also see one vacancy from the organisation I'm currently working for.

One observes that many of the thinktanks are geographically close to another. There's a whole batch where I went for OBV which was also the home of another place that kept bothering me.

So today is fairly packed. I haven't even checked if my JSA has gotten in. One of my tasks for today included a followup call to the exchange group, they say that they do not have my certificate and REED have it. So I need to contact my old advisor again. Fuck.

When I started this post I had lots of thoughts in my head and they seem all to have dissipated. Maybe I'll make a list

1. I got my book review published this week
2. I got interviewed for an arab lifestyle magazine about my bulimia (wtf you might say, wtf is right...)
3. I've got an operation not long from now
4. I need to check out whether my month of JSA will be paid back to me.
5. Other related 'getting my life back' tasks...

I better get back to it. I feel quite a lot on my plate right now. Toodles

No comments: