Friday, July 30, 2010

Malware and MP3s

Two things which are really bothersome right now. One is more psychological, the other relates to having a computer that is shit.

I'm getting tired of the tracks on my MP3 player. I am tired of a certain melodeath metal band, and finnish heavy metal. I'm restless musically. I want to listen to more things, but I'm too tired to put in the effort. So, lately, I've been listening to podcasts. I guess that's a middle way of sorts. I'mtired of listening to the same depressing overly loud gain guitars. Am I put off metal? No, it's just tiresome being in that niche that I was once in. Im slightly afraid to admit such a thing because I dislike change, I dislike my recognition that I'm tired of being musically in a single place. I'm afraid of realising that I need to, and want to move on. with my life, with my interests, and with the way thigns are now. The unfamiliar is scary.

Malware. Fucking hell! For nearly two weeks my computer is opening up random search engines and not opening the links I click on google. It's really getting on my bits and I want to purge this bloody malicious software. I think it happened from an update of javascript. or it is a fake kind of upgrade that masks a malicious bug.

Ah, I got that off my chest. I hate when things with  computers don't work. I like when it does work, though.

No comments: