Friday, July 16, 2010

Aphorised thoughts

  • I get along with my dad when my mum isn't around. It must be Oedipal
  • I think I might cry in the funeral today
  • I feel really tired
  • I needed to pee really badly after drinking mum's coffee in the airport
  • Richmond-upon-Thames is a really posh part of london. I would quite like to live there one day.
  • I was really close to Antonia. After my anxiety trigger on tuesday evening, I have relived a lot of the past
  • I do not feel focused enough lately, but I am not far from being what I call 'higher functioning'. I think this funeral is having a lot of emotional draining on me
  • I think I'm an emotionally draining person, as the comedian Marc Maron calls it: psychic vampire
  • I am a flawed person. Recognition is a start, but not the end
  • The Cranberries are an Irish alternative rock band with a couple of familiar tracks, they started out in the late 80s. They are not The Cardigans. I have a mental image of that video of the Cranberries with that cute blonde in the red open top car that was in the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack
  • Realisation: I was a child of the 90s, a teenager of the late 90s/early 00s and a young adult of the mid-late 00s. It's time for me to grow up
  • You get out what you put in. I've got much out of life because I've not put enough in. Recognition of this is the first step, but not the last.
  • Two girls I've been interested in now are sort of seeing other people. Carpe diem, you fuck
  • I feel superior when I say latin phrases.
  • The books that I reviewed are resonating in my thoughts.
  • I'm going to reiterate what I said earlier as my last thought for this post: I'm feeling tired. I slept about 2am last night and I woke up from 4:30. I woke up at 5:45, dad came in at 6am from night shift, and then we went to pick up mum. Afterward we drove home, I went to do some groceries and now i'm tired as fuckpie. My dad was saying things and behaving in a manner that was emotionally draining.
  • Okay a coda thought: Economy of movement was what they emphasised in the old music classes back in college. Economy of words and clarity of thought are ideals that I ought to uphold. Strive to put in fewer words with clearer expression. No 'sort ofs' or 'kind ofs' or 'so...' or 'umms'. I'm off, funeral later, this is probably my only free time until monday. Busy weekend. I've not applied to enough jobs lately. I could say that I should do better, it would be prudent just to do better rather than say so.


No comments: