Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Anxious

I'm feeling anxious. But I'm coping. It's just a steep climb, and I mustn't forget to put one foot in front of the other (mixed metaphor malapropism?).

Anyway. As I got back home from my internship (nice day at the office...), I got home to lots of food in the fridge. I ate enough to call supper. I also calmed down a bit, talked to my dad. I got some tickets. One for a beer festival with my good made next week; and I also got some tickets to go to the royal opera house, I got the tickets for free. How posh!

I feel anxious because I have a lot of tasks to deal with.

  • Unpacking
  • Checking emails
  • Putting clothes back into wardrobe
  • entering calorie data(1)
  • consider another PhD studentship advertised (2)
  • I got an email which is essentially someone headhunting for a lecturer (3)
  • preparing for interview tomorrow (fuck)
  • Have a shower (im sweaty)
So, lets talk about the details that are numbered

1. I ate

Bottle of lucozade
Sandwich
Fizzy water (doesn't count)
three doughnuts (coming home)
c. 90g coleslaw
6x mini scotch eggs

2. PhD studentship. I feel quite tired right now and I feel its a bit of effort to elaborate on this. There's a PhD studentship advertised in Switzerland that I might apply to. It won't take much effort but emailing my referees to email them by 8th August. I need to think fast on this one. In addition, I'm not sure if I fit the profile for:

i. I don't speak proper french (lets not even mention german)
ii. The project just about fits my research expertise
iii. It's not 'my' research project, they have already defined their thesis

On the plus side, the pay is about 22k in stirling. Oh fuck.

3. Headhunted as a lecturer? I got emailed by one of those recruitment consultant something or others cos I'm listed as a tutor in some websites. Firstly, what the fuck? Secondly, really? what the fuck? Thirdly, Maybe i might be good for this...

Anyway. I need to get on with the aforementioned tasks, so I'm ending this log.

No comments: