Saturday, July 31, 2010

The things I almost reveal

I've been thinking about this issue a couple of times today. What piece of information that gives away a lot about me, that I almost at one time revealed. Sometimes I consider whether it was right to not disclose it, even if I intended or wanted to.

I once almost revealed to Antonia that I had this blog. In a sense I'm better off because people I know reading this would ruin my blog.

I once also almost revealed to a girl at uni who I was sort of close to, that I had bulimia. I didn't disclose it. I was so close a number of times to doing so, however.

On both counts. I'm glad that it ended up the way it did. I wonder however, if there was something I did, where if I were to not do it, or not have the inclination; would have made my life better?

The one instance I'm immediately thinking of is the first day of university. If I had it differently, I would have went out to the hall JCR on the first day, instead of staying at home. That event really defined a lot of my university experience. Or rather, I let it define me. I felt so isolated back then.

I hate being alone. Talking of isolation, someone unwelcome has just messaged me...


No comments: