Friday, July 2, 2010

Can't get enough of skins

I've been watching episodes of skins ravenously. I feel lots of things as I go through the series. I am reminded of Bristol, back as it was in 2007, 2008, and the darker time of 2009. I am reminded of being left behind; as the 2nd generation moves in at season 3, of how I was incumbent back in the 'golden' age of 2007-8. I remember how when I finished my masters, and still lived in the city, I felt utterly alone and retreated to the personal haven of the town just by wales. I guess from that point, I was living through my girlfriend, and I had no life of my own.

I've been thinking about getting my life back for nearly a year now; but I think that it had slowly been eaten at by mia back when I started blogging.

Bristol as I knew it, isn't the Bristol I know. I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm not even 21 anymore. It's like a passing of the torch. I once had the torch and now it's on to someone else. I just wish that someone more mature passed me their torch so I could move on with the next stage of this race called life.

I like how modern and sophisticated these teenagers are in skins; I know it isn't realistically drugs and sex, but its still so modern and fresh to them. That zest for life is still there, and the bitterness and despair does not yet encumber them. It's beautiful.

I've been losing weight at a lovely pace. I've gone down to 223.2lbs. I may not be a teenager anymore, or 21, but I am sure that I have a few years left in me. Or at least, with the presumption of having the rest of my life; I'd better make the most of it. So, first order of business is to search for jobs. I'm trying to do my tasks of job searching. I'll see to sending off a few more applications, perhaps, and then I'll watch some skins at the same time.

I had a trigger yesterday. I then went for a jog afterward. I thought I'd eat something, then my ex called me after one bite. After that point, I triggered. The jog helped, so did the loss of oxygen from my lungs. It was 8pm.

Fuck, I wish I was a more interesting teenager! Getting laid, getting pussy.

No comments: