Monday, July 12, 2010

Overflow

I got up early this morning. I was slightly inclined to go back to bed after my morning shit. I didn't. I went downstairs and had a bit of a snack. I then ate some and watched a van damme movie end to end. I recorded it a few days prior. There are lots of action movies, star trek and comedies on tv these days. Lots to distract myself with.

After an hour and a half of mickey rourke stealing van damme's baby; I went upstairs and then I prepared for a shower. I've spent the past 90 or so minutes reading google reader items, mainly articles on the gravity of the employment and economic situations. Themes include:

1. Limited graudate prospects for boys
2. Limited aspirational prospects for my generation
3. Postgraduate and academic funding impossibilities
4. The decline of job stability in higher education.

In a very real way, these are entirely narratives of my past two years. I've also got a helluva lot of tasks that i have to perform today, however, the depressing articles are slightly putting me down. I'm listening to my podcasts. In the past few days I have avoided attention on my podcasts, audiobooks, and music listening list. Those are noramlly the markers of order.

I have been in a stupour for the past few days. Now that my birthday has passed, I can move on and forward. There are three or four days that are marked as busy this week:

1. Intern day (wednesday)
2. Invited to focus group (thursday)
3. Funeral of neighbour guy/my mum returning from holiday (friday)
4. Friends are having a birthday celebration by drinking and clubbing (saturday)

Now that I've considered that; I now realise I only have today and tomorrow in which to get jobs applied to and sent off. Fuck. Well, Lets see if I can pull out my fingers and give me something to feel good about, namely being productive today. I feel a little tired, that part of my head that is a depressive feels tired and wants to lay down. I might reward myself with a break in a moment. I'm going to read 5 more articles and then I'll get on with my schedule. Wish me luck

No comments: