Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vain friend

One of my friends is vain. I see his flaws as cracks that peek out through his personality. We all have cracks and flaws, but for this post I'd like to explore them.

He's got a belt that says 'rock star'. I mean, what the fuck. He's really pushing on the lines of obviousness. One of the friends of ours said to him 'I bet you grew your hair to purposely make that image up'. As if to show he's a faker and all about image, all about trying to evoke an image and appearance that will get attention. He denied it and mumbled something off to pass off the comment. At that deflection, I knew he was trying really hard to make the appearance.

He's always showing off and talking about his covers, he wants to bring up some point of conversation about him at every obvious and possible window to say 'oh, I have guitars', 'oh I make cover songs' etc.

terrible.

I'm perhaps a little bit like that. But the one thing that disgusts me the most is how transparent he is. People are shallow in the respect that there is such little opacity in their souls

No comments: