Friday, May 17, 2013

I remember when they laughed at the kid with hi-tec trainers

Dear Diary,

Woke up pretty late today. Not feeling as wrecked as yesterday, but still tired.

Today my task for the day is to think about getting some gym gear. Particularly, shoes for badminton and gym training. My ones from 2011 are really beaten up and have seen better days.

Something on my mind which has just come to mind. Back in the day when I was a kid in the 90s, I remember how kids would judge people for the brand of trainers they have. Part of me is wondering if that part of my head and very silly thing is still there as an adult. I do feel a little bit peer pressured about Nike's because cute attractive gym bunny lady has all nike gear and she's always fabulous and functional, also she has a lovely all-black thing going on. Trainers which have lots of weird fancy neon colourings seem to be all the rage at my gym lately.

Need to get some new trainers pretty badly. I might even get two. I am also thinking about getting other things like shorts.

I've started thinking about spring cleaning half way into spring, I've been clearing up odd little things, however I do think clothes are something I need to let go of.

The psychiatrist had a good point: I might have trouble with letting go. I want to let go of my clothes. The clothes that remind me of the past. A past for some reason I am holding on to with such unreasonable fervour. I seem to be holding on to the past clothes because the clothes of the more further past are something I don't like.

Well, Now that I have a bit more money lately, I can think about updating the wardrobe a bit. I'm a bit worried that I haven't heard from the Sentinel people yet. Am I going to get any work? They said the hotdesking temp scheme isn't a guarantee of work. I'm starting to get worried now.

No comments: