Monday, May 20, 2013

GEN5 (listening to 'The Shadows over Innsmouth' - lovecraft audiobook)

Dear Diary,

I woke up, had a wank, had some lunch.

I put on Game of Thrones. I had a think. I am now doing what I call 'foldering'. I am archiving documents that go back to about 2009. I have put together what is called a General (GEN) folder, which is then schematised into other subdivisions. I have constructed a GEN 1, 2, 3 and 4 folder. I am now compiling GEN5.

GEN5 is something I've been meaning to compile for a very long time (since 2009!). I've always made excuses not to do this: it's not a priority I thought to myself; I have job searching; its too upsetting. Maybe the real reason for it was that I was unwilling ot let it go. I'm scanning documents, documents I never want to look at again.

The psychiatrist was right. I am holding on to a lot of things. Holding on to memories, feelings, and literally, the relics of the past.

It's time to let go.

Onwards

No comments: