Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I need to look back before I can move forward

Dear Diary,

I read somewhere today that depression is an obsession with the past; and anxiety is trying to deal with the future.

Today I've been in my head quite a bit. Scanning all those documents - reflecting on the past. In order to scan to documents, I had to tidy up a load of things that cluttered my room to make a space clear enough for scanning. I have a printer and scanner that I got from the disability student allowance. That printer is no longer useful to me. I wanted to get rid of it. I haven't yet. I want to get rid of it. I have memories in that printer (it printed my dissertation and many other essays), and I don't want to own it anymore. I don't want that burden of all those memories.

I want to move forward. For the past week I've been experimenting a new method of working on my computer, of a dualscreen.

Lets review what I've done today:

  • Foldering
  • Feedly catchup
  • sent email to Sentinel
  • Recieved extra shift
  • Job searching
  • Pilates

So today is a 6-activity day. High achieving? I don't know. I do know this: I've done something I've meant to do for a long time. More to do. I've done a lot of looking back today. I need to look back before I can move forward.

Onwards.

No comments: