Sunday, May 12, 2013

dear smartphone..

...happy anniversary. We've been together for a year. I was so happy when I first got you, and you continue to be a toy of interest for me.

May the one that surpasses you give me equal joy or more.

 

Today I did fun garden stuff, I talked to a nice lefty vegan activist feminist type, who has a nice boyish haircut. Which is a nice contrast to me, the ethnic minority macho-butch, former lefty quasi environmental male feminist with academic aspirations. Oh yeah, she has academic aspirations too. I felt like I was being teachy today, because I showed her how to throw a spear into the ground. Don't use all your strength, throw it down, it's not about hitting it on the ground, its about impact. What unusual things to say. I love being in the garden, the best thing I like about it is how I'm allowed to be musical on my own in the corner.

 

So tomorrow I have to chair a meeting. I feel weird about it. In a way its not my first rodeo (to quote nick fury). I feel like I'm reconnecting with myself. In so many fundamental ways, with the person I was; the person I am, and the person I'm going to be. To experience this is a beautiful thing

No comments: