Saturday, March 20, 2010

stages of man

I think it was shakespeare who speaks of the stages of man.

In my folder tasks, I find old archived documents which remind me of past glories, or past troubles.

Contrast on the one hand, the letter written to me by my headmaster from jesuit school, and my award for best musician in my last year of college; to the angrily written council tax notices, or the graduation ceremony that I didn't attend.

This is old school depression; missing the past.

I reacted to cope with that by feeling outside of time, or better still, detaching myself from that time. There is only the now. I'll move forward somehow. I suppose I am moving forward by this foldering task. An ordered room means ordered paper documents, i can find where everything is that way, and also I can keep on top of things.

It's quite heavy duty work to redo all these documents but I didn't do myself any favours by overflowing the folder. It burst as I opened it. So now I'm picking up the pieces. And this is the 2009 folder.

I've disposed of/scanned my previous folders.

No comments: