Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The day today

Today has been pretty hectic, I have been within my thoughts quite a lot; as well as that I have also grown quite a bit and pushed myself out of the comfort zone that I was once stuck in. Breaking past anxiety boundaries. Let's make a list of what I've done today.

1. Beginning: preparing ID documents and planning routes to police station and school for interview
2. Head off to interview, interview. (my friend's mum was the receptionist at the school - WTF?)
3. I realised that I may not have enough time to go home without leaving again and going to the station, so I had lunch at a mcdonalds and had a bit of a stroll around westminster. I then got the security clearance
4. I got home, was tired, had a sleep, woke up, took my sweet time to eat and watch tv. Then I prepared for tomorrow
5. I prepared the route, installed a PDF of the syllabus that the tutee is going to have the exams through; I then clarified the route I would take (tube plan, as well as walking directions).
6. Today I got an email from the lost referee. He says he will post it to the university directly . This is fine except now I have to think about preparing the complete copy and finalise the PhD application. This is ultimate, final, the whole tamale. Scary, so scary that my busy self cannot comprehend all this for today.

Tomorrow's schedule includes:

1. Wake up and go to library for training course
2. Go to tutee on other side of city including 40 min walk and 75 min tube journey
3. Tutor, £40 in the pocket
4. Home (nearly 2 hours to get home?)
5. SLEEP

I'm glad that I'm doing something with my life at the moment. I'm not sure if this is exactly the ideal thing but I'm going to be as positive as I can about this: I'm training to get an ECDL, I've got a tutoring job and ..umm. money

I guess keeping busy and having a life to talk about is its own reward. I feel a little bit normal...


No comments: