Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A deserved kick up the arse

I woke up around 10am. I haven't been doing very many tasks in my planned schedule, most importantly I have been avoiding my PhD application.

I've gotten an email from the Flemish funder which shocked the shit out of me. Suddenly everything in my schedule has frozen and today I am scared into freezing everything for this application.

I'm scared, I'm frightened, but I am also lazy. A part of me expects to fail. A part of me has already set in the seed of sabotage, not really thinking that this pipe dream will ever happen.

What has happened to me? Since when have I become so complacent?

It's shocking, and worse of all, I deserve the misfortune I am in.

I need to toil to improve. Today I'll make it for the PhD application (luckily the form is in english)

No comments: