Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Secret lives

I've probably mentioned in previous posts as a mere afterthought that I often have words on print. Last month, I had a book review on some academic scholarship and I helped contribute a firsthand account/interview for a lifestyle magazine.

I've got another thing to add. I submitted an (anonymous) account on a website about internships. I think that I wrote something relatively balanced. Both with bad, good, funny, and personal insights on my internship. It felt like a bit of a lift to have something on print.

So today, I went for a jog, I did a *little* bit of job searching, but I've been distracted partly by my brother visiting, my nephew's weekly visit and the additional encumberance of feeling exceptionally tired. I think I overate today. I've been eating all day. Croissant, watermelon, a couple of bananas, some hash browns and a couple of packets of mccoys. I wish I could have a day where I'm not behind. I did a fair amount yesterday, and some today. I haven't done very much in the grand scheme of things.

When I jog, I feel in touch with a part of myself that I need to rediscover. I need to push myself, need to get out of the comfort zone. I need to be the real me and I need that small quiet voice inside me to speak again. I need to rediscover that insensity that I used to have. The intensity associated with pure hate. I need the hatred to consume me again, a righteous hatred like when Jesus knocked down the stalls in the temple-marketplace. Anyway, lets get on with the day.

No comments: