Monday, August 23, 2010

Feels like autumn...

Good morning.

It's been a couple of days since my last post. That's because I've kept busy. Saturday I jogged, then met up with friends to see The Expendables. Damn, that was a film and a half; laughing at the violence and the exotic ways people died, oh and seeing Dolph Lundgren with Stallone again was an utter delight. Of course there were many other funny aspects about the film, namely, all of it.

After the movie, we went to the pub. We were so loud that the staff refused to serve us. I felt embarrassed for us, the people I sat next to in the cinema (not my party) migrated seats later on as well, due to our loudness. I was paid back in full, which reminds me that I should have swiftly moved to the bank to put in my money. Turns out that I have spent most of it for shame. So, that means I ought to have no social life for the next three weeks at least. I don't even have enough money to entertain my visiting friends. Damn! Oh well, fun was had, and I did get paid back. I lost an earplug from my earphone, but considering that on sunday we went to thorpe park; I think that's the least worst thing that could happen.

We ate royally at the thorpe park (albeit lightly), and then nandos afterward. I ate at weatherspoons, I ate at KFC. All things considered, My laptop fund probably has gone back to a november deadline at the earliest; so maybe that will be my christmas present; perhaps an xmas reduced laptop??? Good plan.

My watches died this weekend, or rather; one died and another I realised died. I'm wearing my kinetic watch. I made it a principle not to wear that watch, as a symbol of growth and moving away from my depressive past of my undergraduate years. However, as a symbol of the fact that no other watches of mine are working, and a kinetic watch needs no battery; I'm going to wear a kinetic watch, I'm annoyed that its not a chronograph like the others. I've been spoiled. The ideal would be to wear a kinetic chronograph watch. I have a thing about watches. I've always had a thing about watches. It's probably the same for many other guys, a watch is a symbol of male expression. I don't do 'power' in a watch, I know many corporate types love the 'power watch'. I like more subtle expression. A simple black leather strap would do me fine.  This kinetic is a metal strap with terrible arm hair grabbing links. I need to keep this secondary backup watch on my person until I can find a suitable amount of money to repair both of my watches. I hate watch batteries exactly for this reason; watches are expensive and maintenance is also expensive. I think I almost completely forgotten about the watch problem this weekend, after having so much fun.

My head went into a weird place last night after coming home, and having my late night wank. It went into a very weird place, I felt emotionally dependent on that orgasm, as if orgasm was that release comparable to purging. Purging is a compensation for how shitty my life is, I feel that maybe wanking is the same to me. It's like a drug, except it's not sold by shifty ethnic minority types (except myself, of course) and its not a commodity i buy from others. I engage in a lot of 'compensation' behaviour.

I went through a lot of head moments this weekend, not mentioning of course the utter fear of rollercoaster rides. The fear was naked and intense, but fun when it ended. It's like food in a sense; the greatest taste is the aftertaste, or knowing it went right to the back of your tongue, and into your throat. It was nice meeting friends, and also assuring to see how weak minded oneo f my friends is; he's an attention seeker, always trying to be funny even when it fails, and he has no sense of reserve. Perhaps I'm being a harsh critic for the same can very well be said of myself. I see him as an example of what I should not be. Life is about nuance, his is not.

I've blogged for too long. I woke up this morning in quite a stupour. Breakfast was suitably refreshing, I feel more alert now, perhaps I may jog later. I felt not up for it earlier this morning but now I am energised a little bit more. I think what would be a more pressing activity is to attend to my schedule which I am behind a day. If a schedule is full for a day, I finish half of it normally; if its full for two days, I finish half a day, and 1.5 days tasks are overflow to the next day making 2.5. days.

Although I like jogging and its important to my self esteem and body image; I believe that my jog hunt must come first. I just hope today isn't a stupour day. Here's to avoiding the old stupour. I'm off now. Toodles.

No comments: