Friday, August 13, 2010

(I've not written a post titled) Positives (in a while)

I know I that I've been a bit of a moaning Michael lately, and I think with reasonable reason. Anyway, I thought I'd do something different and go back to an old style of post that I used to do from the past. That is, listing positives

1. At least the sound on my computer works. I've listened to a prolific amount of music this week. Alice Cooper, Rolling Stones, White Lion, Portishead, Emperor, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Savage Garden. In short; It's quite a lot.

One measure of productivity for me is how much I max out my plays in last.fm. There's a former friend of mine with a scrobble count of over 130k and I want to match him. I'm halfway there, mind. He's had last.fm for 4 years longer than me, so I think that I'm a bit active in my listening habits. I'm more systematic too, that's the academic in me speaking

2. Jogging. I am jogging, I've jogged 5 times between last friday and this friday. The days that I haven't jogged were for excusable things like: surgery, interning, and meeting a friend; oh there was that day when I went to see the 'A' Team too...

Yesterday I felt my knee giving out so I ended prematurely, I felt a near cramp on my calf today, and my knee coming up again, but that was mainly because I didn't warm up properly. After 20 mins on the cycle in the green gym near where I live gave me a renewed sense of power. I felt my feet sinking into the ground when I jumped off the bike. It was weird. Considering that it has rained twice today and I caught the jog during today's only sunny period; I think I am quite fortunate. I'm also jogging out of insecurity since a new girl has sorta come into the fore. See 3.

3. Texting girl. There's a girl texting me, she's cute (from her picture at least); she's also into me (or at least has some text obsession). I am a bit aloof in how I reply, that's for two reasons: firstly, being aloof is cool, secondly, I hate being needy and attached to any single piece of technology (including my dying laptop)

4. I just feel a little more positive. Its perhaps the jogging, or perhaps the fact that I've gotten an email about my intern submission; but I feel loads better. Well, not 'loads', but a fair amount

5. Two friends from my distant past are here in the UK to visit. These two are girls, one I used to have a thing for; and the other is a good friend that I haven't seen in a long time.

Before I sink into stupour, I think I'm going to have a shower. This base layer is good at soaking up my wetness, but I still need to change my pooey pants. I've got a weigh in schedule for tomorrow, even if I don't fit the projected target (227  lbs) I will still hope to keep jogging, keep pushing and keep aiming forward.

I must be posotive. Despite appearances, I've got a lot of things going for me. I'm going to make a special effort to save up for that new laptop.

Onwards!

No comments: