Saturday, August 14, 2010

Revising goals

In consideration of my fluctuating weight, and the decline of the initial hopes of weight loss I once had, I've decided to alter the inflexible. I've decided to change the weight goals on my caloriecount profile. Instead of aiming for 140lbs and some impossible goal of thinness. I will aim for 200 lbs. It's still overweight, but I'm going to slowly aim for small stesp, I want to aim for little transition steps, instead of big leaps. I want to aim for what I c an immediately do, in lieu of the bigger picture.

When I had anxiety problems, I was not good at either goal. I had no future plans, and I could barely plan tasks a few days ahead. Finding a flat was so difficult to plan. I faced a lot of pressures back then, and many I needed to surmount in order to learn to be an adult.

I'll aim for small steps, instead of big goals. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't aim high. It's just that big tasks have lots of little components. Learning a chopin piece means learning every little bit. Construct the piece through layers and seperate parts, and then learn to play it together; then, perfect it.

I haven't played enough piano in a while. I am reminded of this insight when I practice.

No comments: