Sunday, August 15, 2010

Receipts (savage garden in the early evening)

Perhaps in addition to a shaved face, I should consider my receipts ritual as another way of keeping order.

For over a year, I've kept receipts of financial transactions. Actually, I think its about for 4 years now. I have a habit of keeping receipts and not throwing them away. That habit turned into a ritual of recording my expenditures in a database. I then remove the receipts that have no use, or keep the ones that remind me of past memories in the memory box; and then I empty out the loose coins left in my receipt box (which was a paper box for a hand shredder that I bought from the dying woolworths in its insane reduction sale).

So, these traditions, these rituals I have come from years of development. I have a lot of rituals, I found that rituals are the way I keep from chaos to order. According to my records, it's been one month and a week since I last went through the records. I like to keep in track of my transactions. Whether to determine if I'm spending too much, or to mark what kind of activities I've been up to.

I think that today I've kept sufficiently busy. I've went through some amount of the day's schedule. I'm not 'ahead' or in check with my schedule just yet. But I have moved forward in the sense that I haven't put things behind or put as many things off. Order is important to me. Order is everything. Order is control. Doing these receipts inter alia keep my life in order. Okay, now I've expressed this thought spurt (another ritual, boy I sound boring...), I can go back to doing my receipts.

No comments: