Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun

...that's why yesterday was utterly excruciatingly long.

In other positives, I did apply to a job, draft a covering letter for another vacancy and I have intentions to send out more applications. Today my weight is 227.0lbs, a 0.2 gain since yesterday, that's a sign that my weight loss is a stable one.

I've been thinking a lot about the 'ideal' me. I've come to accept mia as a part of me, and when I opened up to her and faced her smiling; she doesn't know what to do. Sometimes smiling at your enemies confuses them the most. Yesterday was 5 hours wasted at REED, well not wasted; but expecting things to happen when nothing did.

I'm intimidated by the fact that the advisor at REED has some kind of social science masters degree. That fucked over my head and made me feel a bit small. Maybe that was his intention; that's normally what I do to other people. Technically, I'm in a hurry today. I had a lie in today (is that how you spell it? or is it lay-in but pronounced lie in?). I got out of bed not caring about the time, I woke up at a fairly suitably early-late 10am. At the moment I am looking at my GCal, I've entered the weight data into my charts and I'm thinking about the process of the next few days.

So, lets talk about the positives of yesterday:

1. I smiled at two babies and said nice things to them. They were strangers but I like babies.
2. The GP said I don't need a shampoo for my hair problems anymore, and eventually (hopefully) the bald patch will grow over; I'll just need to do a cover-up with a pony tail. That's funny because its not permanent damage (I'd like to think).
3. I got in early at REED; one hour more means one hour less. The 'Journey' course isn't helping, on the plus side the ugly and horridly loud sociable woman with poor english wasn't there today. There are surely a few flawed people among them. I suppose I count in that number.
4. I coped quite well with 'the news' and I think that I am surviving better than I thought I would. You are maturing, man; and I admire that. You will be the person you need to be in no time.
5. I sent off a neat application for an editorial position yesterday. I got a reply to do an online task
6. I called the job centre advisor and she has proposed to call me back at some point; she is sympathetic with my problem (namely, no payment of money into my account and I'm running out of travel money). I felt assured that someone there gives a damn about my plight and sees things the way I do.

Anyhoo, today is another day; and a very sunny one at that. I look forward to the following accomplishments:

1. Last day at REED for the week
2. Sending off more job applications?
3. Searching for more jobs
4. Writing up covering letters
5. Moving ahead with my GCal schedule while 'doing' time with reed kills two birds with one stone. Just try not to do anything too personal as people can see the computers.
6. Eating less means losing more
7. One day closer to reaching the ideal

Further enquiries:

1. Ask if I can get the met police voluntary supervisor if she can sign my timesheets for reed
2. Sort out expiring antivirus software
3. Determine if my package went to Belgium
4. Sort out my JSA payment problem

I think that I'm pretty positive minded today. Maybe something good will come of this. If I need to cry I know that the toilets aren't far away also. Okay lets move on to the main course: off the blog and on with my day!



No comments: