Saturday, April 17, 2010

Efficiency

I am a strong believer in parsimony. If there is something that does the work of two tasks in one; go for the latter. I've downloaded some software that will make my procrastination a little bit more efficient. That gives me less excuse to procrastinate and more reason to get busy.

The past two days have involved things that I am not proud of, but I think I can live with myself. I ate takeaway chinese food, and I spent most of the past two days giving me some 'me' time and resting up a bit more. Police training was good today. I had a nap today listening to a lecture on consciousness. I don't think most of it sank in, but I find it comforting to sleep with intelligent speech on. It's my bubble, it's my safety blanket from the world: academia.

Now that training has finished I can start volunteering for real. I have been entertaining a police career, maybe more a detective than a uniformed police. After police training I went to the area where I used to go to school and went to the shopping centre there. It was nice to revisit, it was warm and lots of sexy ladies were in the hot humid climate in gorgeous dresses. In my jacket and white shirt I felt a sense of confidence. I also felt sweaty, but that gave me a validation of being human as well. Furthermore to that; I went hunting for a new pair of corduroy trousers, I was unsuccessful but I did buy some chinos. I have been overdue for buying some trousers. The problem I have is that most of my clothes date back to the 2008 masters year and perhaps its time to change my style. I thought I'd never change my style once I got thin again.

However times are different and I must adapt. I'm not that thin anymore, and I'm not in uni anymore. I need to dress to reflect my personality and also a new me. I thought the chinos were nice; they aren't smart enough for formal, but too smart for casual, and they have nice jean pockets, durable thread and a good clean plain look that I like. I dress plain. I don't like ruffles and elaboration; I leave that to my hair and my personality to show that. Plainness shows humility, simplicity and yet subtlety. I am very particular with what I wear. I did overspend a bit, trousers were about £32 and I put in £25 to my oyster card. Oh well, such is life.

Other concerns:

1. Don't spend too much money
2. Check on your belgian phd application

No comments: