Friday, April 9, 2010

The off day

Tomorrow I'm off to do my ECDL exam. It's useful and vaguely enjoyable to undergo. Compared to the other things that REED have suggested I've quite liked it. I've put in 81 hours (apparently) towards the preparation and exam, and in a way I'm glad to have learned things in it. I know about spreadsheets, databases, powerpoint, word, internet safety and other little internet kinds of things.

It's something to put on my CV that is fresh and new. It's a bit aggrivating that the REED guy almost sounds like he's breathing down my back. Further to that, I think that I got the guy at the Exchange group in the library in trouble. I told him that my hours on monday won't be counted on their records for their administrative purposes. The guy at REED went off the rails. Anyway, technically its not my problem, but I've come to like the guys working at the library, they are sweet, kind, supportive, friendly, and just that little bit masculine and sensitive; like a naked muscley man holding a baby in an 80s poster (did I imagine that in my head?).

Today I am taking stock of the fact that I ate way too much for breakfast (I overshot my 1700kcal limit, for one), and today I have gained weight from the 228lb progress. I think that this is just a fluctuation. I'm on the path to progress and this little blip is just that: a little blip. Maybe if I get enough done by 2-4pm I'll go for a nice but gentle excercise. I think the hair is growing a little bit back on my bald patch but it still is very apparent. Not nice.

Anyway, lets' say positives:

I feel clean
I am going to get lots of things done today
I'm going to keep busy
I'll further my job hunt
I'll be productive
I'll be positive
I'll continue my correspondences with lovely girls who have been messaging me
I'll post more on forums to feel vaguely human

No comments: