Sunday, April 18, 2010

Presumptuous me

What I hate the most in myself, and in other people; is when they have some kind of notion of philosophical antrhopology that they impose as constraints on understanding other people; it limits themselves and it limits the degrees of social contact. For me it reduces my amicability towards them.

In short, I hate when people guess things about you. I'd say its okay if people explicitly state an assumption, but I most dislike when such an assumption is constructed as an enthymeme within what someone says. Presuming things like their interests on the basis of their sex or ethnicity. Or, asserting a question, questions normally take the form of a question; it is most difficult however when I find that individuals take to making a question as an assertion; the so-called fallacy of begging the question.

I've found a few people doing this in my conversations of late. I don't like it. I know that in some degree everyone is flawed, but t is always good to work on said flaws. Speaking of flaws, my laziness is coming in this weekend. Right now I'm trying to do a GCal unblock to clear up my schedule. I hope it works.

Anyhoo, I'm off to continue that task.

P.S. excercise more

No comments: