Tuesday, March 1, 2011

maybe this will make me stronger as a person having done this... (depressive black metal in the morning)

You wouldn't believe my life sometimes, I certainly can't.

My locker was robbed in the gym yesterday afternoon, most of last night and today will be dedicated to the act of 'damage control'. I need to get a new wallet, oystercard and some cash. This morning I found a blog of a friend (well an internet friend) who has acknowledged me in a forthcoming book as helping his work critically.

My life is full of contrasts, from barely being able to afford my gym and counselling subscription to trying to get a new wallet and oyster card (they don't give out NI cards - fuck), to being mentioned as an academic supporter in a book.

I need to write my letter of notice to my boss of the internship. As much as I enjoy work experience and being in proximity to people who will make big moves in the world in the next few decades, I need money and I don't like being exploited. I've been there too fucking long.

Later on today I'm off to a local community group, I've contributed some information to the organiser  from my 'expert knowledge' about the subject, whether she will use it or not is up to her. In addition, I've recieved a lot of job rejections this week. My thought about the interview last week was that in the remote situation that I get an offer, I'd want to wait before I take it to hear back from my other applications. Since the ones I really wanted to hear from have given me a negative, that means I'm free to take this job on, which means I'll have to travel nearly 4 hours a day if I get it. That said, a job is a job and I do need the money, the financial independence and I do want to be like a normal 24 /nearly 25 year old who has a job and not some hermit who lives with his parents playing xbox until 2am instead of sleeping.

Okay, I've loaded my bag and I've got a plan for the rest of the day. Wish me luck, today is going to be a little angst ridden, not least because I lost my wallet, or that I'm attempting some form of damage control over the emotional shock of it and that I need to give a notice letter to my boss (which I am dreading). Who knows, maybe this will make me stronger as a person having done this.

No comments: