Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New habits and old vices

There is a saying that it takes 3 weeks/21 days to internalise a new pattern. People at large are not very disposed to making big changes in their lives, especially the kind that takes a slow and gradual effect to really show change. Do I read because I get a reward from it, or is it intrinsically good?

I suppose in the past week I've seen little changes in my body, I also realise that I still have a lot of work to do, and not just that, I have a lot of calories to get out of my body. Excercise is important, perhaps in a sense it is the thing most people find hardest, most lazy people especially. For me, my laziness is in other things, particularly diet. Despite my increasing routine of excercise, I still have not made serious changes to my diet. Earlier this week my mum has made a nice breakfast suggestion of museli and yoghurt in the morning. I find it is quite good. If I were to keep up that breakfast pattern for longer perhaps it might show more effect. I find that the museli gives me a slow release of energy as well as keeping me filled for a longer period of time. This is compared to when I eat some junk, and then I still feel hungry, or when I eat but it doesn't fill me until I keep eating for 20 mins and then I feel like shit.

My diet needs to change, but I'm doing other good things. Yesterday was not a good day. I felt incredibly low and although I completed *some* tasks, I felt I did not give it my all. I did give what I could and I suppose one cannot ask more than that. I'm glad that I did choose to go to the gym yesterday, yesterday was the first time in perhaps weeks that I put that I had a trigger in my schedule. Some days are difficult. When I go to the gym later today I will make an effort to push myself hard, I will make an effort to do better on the cardio machines and try and beat the triathlon targets. I saw a person that I recognised in the gym, that was a little disconcerting. Why is it that there are so many people in social networking interest sites that are in such close proximity to me, I live in a shit hole where nothing goes on, I find that strange that any interesting person would live there. Maybe it's the cheap rent.

With luck, or with hope, I should get more calories out of my body today. I need to have my eyes on the prize. I need to be more target oriented. Its one thing to talk but words mean nothing without action. I feel like purging at the moment. If my mum wasn't downstairs I'd probably do it. Strange, I don't feel like fighting it either.

Anyway, back to work, I've got a few application things to do before I'm finished for today.

No comments: