Monday, March 21, 2011

4/10 on life

Good morning,

I think on a scale of 0-10 it was a 4/10 difficulty with getting out of bed today. Most days are 2-3/10. A slight and small difference, and what really matters is that I'm upright, but I do feel a bit low today.

I realised last week that I'd be busy, in fact it was only 3 days of real activity. However that seemed to have thrown me off. I did my minimum of 3 sessions last week. Today I'm off to a hospital appointment, I dread this appointment very much. I'm going off to Old Street today, I went for a Christmas do at Old Street, and an interview for a job that never was, I suppose you could say I've gravitated around there a few times these past few months. Actually, I think I can leave 2010 behind me now. The years and months and weeks pass quickly, and life passes by like an water tap you forgot was on.

Yesterday, and saturday I have been lazy (shall we add friday too?). Friday involved training, which wasn't entirely lazy, but in terms of schedule I wish I did more. I did however clear up a lot of items on my GReader. I think reading articles on GReader is an almost pointless task, and it filled up an unnecessary amount of time (2 days) for something that only fills up again. I should set a minimum amount, or only a schedule couple of days to sort that out. Maybe it should be weekend only, and if I happen to finish it before then I can put in more tasks. I suppose one positive is that I did complete an online test for a grad scheme that I applied to.

Life and productivity is a learning process. I've added another rule to this odd set of rituals. I know this is a tired old thing to say but I hate that I cannot be allowed to succeed in this world. I hate that the circumstances aren't allowing me to show me at my best. I hate that I cant do life in the highest gear and everyone else is speeding away while I'm left behind (extended virgilian simile). I guess the point of my schedule is to rise above in some way and try to push the limits. The analogy is with the gym: if I can push myself beyond regular limits with my body, perhaps I can push my mind and achievements. That said, I once learned in life that its not about how smart you are or how hard you work, its about how charismatic you are.

Oh how tempting it is to purge. I'd say its a 4/10 temptation right now.

Oh, in other news, I have thought about asking Dobby out. I dont know if its a 'date', maybe its just 'hanging out'. See how it goes. Dobby seems nice, and we are getting 'closer' you might say. Dobby has made me feel a little more positive and jovial lately.

No comments: