Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'I'm still haunted by the days of 2009...'

Hello again,

Yes I'm posting multiple posts in a day, that's a sign of laziness and inactivity. I'm also frustrated at how incredibly slow my internet browser is right now that a 5 minute task would take 40 minutes. I've recieved at short notice an available shift for tonight, so that means I'm working tonight from 1800-2300, which is nice. After taking on this job, I decided to enter it into my schedule and plot a course for today, my new plan is to get ready at around 4pm, maybe leave from 4:30 (to attempt to beat the crowd) and then get to work probably by 17:40, maybe then I'll catch up with my book.

Presuming this shift is not too busy, I am going to get my book and do some reading, so that's a book review reading task and an impromtu shift tonight. That's multitasking and innovation. I just wish my 'innovation' involved more money. Taking this shift is more out of desparation, I'm not getting much money next month I'm sure of that so that means that the money I get next month needs to last.

It also seems, as I just finished the previous paragraph, that I've finished another audiobook (yay). I've been very slow with audiobooks lately. I'm quite glad I didn't decide to gym it today. I do also wish that I did a bit more today. I'm being a bit picky with the jobs I scheduled to myself. I almost never get a callback from the admin jobs I apply to at HE institutions so I am not bothering today, I've made a few job searches but have I done enough today?

I always ask myself this question: Have I done enough today to justify my existence? Have I done enough today to make a change that might happen to improve my life. Gym helps, applying to jobs also helps. I'm still haunted by the days of 2009 when I'd just sit around in a flat, moping and wanking and doing virtually nothing. I still feel like I'm doing that. Dobby says I'm 'defeatist', she's more right than she knows.

I could be a little more proactive if my computer wasn't so slow. I could afford a new computer if I had a decent job. I need to get a decent job by shooting off a higher volume of applications. 'You know what to do, man', I tell myself, 'words are bullshit, action counts'. Yes, says the man of few spoken words.

No comments: