Friday, July 31, 2009

the day today

 I have sometimes a resistance to do physical activity and the fidgety tasks on account of accidie. Today I have had an opposing kind of accidie, where doing physical things was bearable, but sitting down and doing the boring stuff of checking out links and applying for jobs on the computer seem boring.

Today I have done the following:

1. Sent out SAE referee letters (this was a complex task for me: involving:
i. Sorting out letters: one for sending, one for sending back, one for carrying the reference
ii. Checking out the address of the academic
iii. Email notification of my intention
iv. Sorting out stamps
2. Sent off notice of ending tenancy letter
3. Got more stamps
4. Got more lipobind
5. Got another shaver (later realising that it was unncessary, although for a £4 purchase, it was nothing compared to the fucking £25 lipobind
6.looked for a postbox but went into a pet charity shop (I don't know...wtf), and got a cold compress. It is like a glowstick, you break it, or in this case, burst the inner sack, and it goes suddenly cold for about 10 minutes
7. Bought groceries: highlights, mushrooms, £1 linda mcartney lasagne, courgette (a recurring seasonal favourite) and 8 cans of 20p beer.

I should give myself a pat on the back. Despite the fact that I have been laying about for a lot of the day, wanking for 2-3 hour stints; I'm procgressing, I did the things that I feel most anxious about and I am slowly getting less anxious and underconfident about it.

Dinner today is: yorkshire pudding, whole mushroom and vegetarian lasagne. A wholesome, both in terms of gluttony, but in terms of eco-consciousness.

No comments: