Wednesday, July 15, 2009

good for him

a friend of mine has been in a similar unemployed situation to me. however, he's now gotten a prestigious internship at a bank. I'm happy for him, I'm also reeling a bit in jealousy. I'm thinking to myself, if I keep pushing myself, maybe something will happen.

What do I really want? A funded PhD or MPhil.

What will I accept? Getting a job, earning money, trying to be independent, getting out of this rut.

I'm going to power through until the tears end, it ends only when I find what I'm looking for. There are tears of perseverance, and tears of feeling sorry for oneself. Just keep going, I tell myself.

Maybe, once again, my personality and all the things that make me wonderful will shine again, like how the depression had once blunted my self-perception, my determination will follow through.

No comments: