Thursday, July 23, 2009

let the water form

When I was younger, i had this lucozade bottle. Lucozade bottles back in 1996 were thick plastic, durable and perfect to freeze a drink in. The bottle had a wider drinking bit and was a fat shape. I used to, back in year 5-6 of primary school, keep drinks, either water or some kind of squash, in that bottle.

On hot days, i used to drink as much of the little water that came. Sometimes I used the ice and filled the bottle with however much water that the gaps would allow. This enabled a cool drink to be had and the ice would slowly climatise to the water that was warmer. Other times, I would wait and allow it to form a full drink instead of a semi-parched sip wanting more.

Currently, in my job situation. I've been in a dry patch. Within the space of 24 hours, however, I got an interview sorted for monday, and I was called just about 15 minutes ago of a job offer. I'll be doing policy research in the university city for 3 weeks. It's a temporary stint of work, but money is money. 7.50 an hour doesn't sound too bad. I've been busying myself with job offers applications and, without choice, cannot get anything but dryness.

Now however, it seems that 2 potential job offers after about 5-6 weeks of applications; things may be getting better, in the country as a whole, and in terms of my life.

i'll take what I'm given, and happily accept this job offer, if I get it.

No comments: