Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today (and radio memories)

Today I have sent four applications, one to a local small time job, another is a graduate job. Two of them are to publishers. Not bad. I've been at it more or less consistently since about 10:30 am. Also, I have made a grilled vegetable lunch. Now, I am pondering to go for a big jog. I'm thinking that I shall go in my heavy gear although the journey will be touch. I'm planning to go on a route that is 7.7km. Not been on it before, part of it involves a lot of uphill.

I'm just getting a random memory. My sister used to have this super advanced (for 1988 standards) subwoofer stereo, it had broken almost completely by the time it was my property, I then used it as a radio. I lived on classic fm between 1997-to about 2001. I then started listening to talk radio from 2003-6. After a bit of radio limbo, I started then listening to BBC stuff from about august 2008. Back then they knew the recession was coming, but most people weren't worried much. I never considered myself a radio fan, but now realising this pattern that I have adopted, a lot of my life and memories are lived a bit through radio. I was a fan of Radio 1 and the charts briefly in 1996. Back then a tori amos song that seemed like a remix was a number 1 at the time.

I think I've done enough to earn my jog. Im eating too much at my parents, Im not suffering enough and pushing my body enough.

TOodles


No comments: